[NetBehaviour] OpenOffice vs. Microsoft standards.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Dec 6 17:22:32 CET 2005

Hi Lewis,

Yes, I have as well. We had to get rid of Microsoft software, because we
were getting virus's everyday- no matter what virus checkers/set ups we
were using. Now- we have A linux network, with Suse/linux software, it
is no longer happening.

I used to use open office on an old comp, a few years ago- and it was a
bit shakey, but I use it all of the time now and it is great. Gimp
instead of Photoshop, phpedit, programming editors...php, java and loads
of other bit and bobs.

Although webby stuff I tend to sneak back to mac & use dreamweaver,
because for time and simplicity- code & visual is more my thang.

I am not one of these types that guilt trips people into using certain
software though- whatevern it takes really...

marc