[NetBehaviour] Ryan Brooks's 6502 Nixie Clock.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Dec 7 15:10:16 CET 2005

Ryan Brooks's 6502 Nixie Clock.

I love Cold War chic like [ryan brooks]’s great looking nixie tube
clock. There have been other microcontroller based nixie tube clocks so
Ryan decided to base his on the venerable MOS Technology 6502. The 6502
is the same 8-bit processor used in the Apple II and Commodore 64. He’s
got a couple interesting notes from the construction.

I started this project about two years ago when large tubes (Z5680M in
this case) were still available. Since then, any large tube is 5x the
price it was -- if you can find them.

http://www.hack.net/nixie/