[NetBehaviour] : where do you create?

Ana Carvalho iana34 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 14:40:19 CEST 2005

Hello!

This idea about sharing physical space with all of you
is really nice. I use a lot of images (videos and
photographs) from my house and specially my room on my
works. My identification with these spaces is
enormous.

Where I work, create, think, read and sleep:
When I came to live here in England I started to do
work seated in bed with a blanket over my shoulders
and with the computer on a desk in front of me. This
was two winters ago when I was living in a tiny tiny
room. Then I moved to a bigger room in this gorgeous
house where I live and work now. From my room I have a
beautiful and quiet view over the green back garden
with an apple tree that very soon will be splashed
with red apples. The only noises here are the birds
and my music. I listen to music all the time.  The
window is open most of the day (now during summer). I
still work in a bed always full with laptop,
sketchbooks and tea mugs on the surrounding area (the
house has wireless broadband, which makes it all
really easy). The room has a desk which I tried to use
several times when I first came here. But soon it was
turned into shelves for a growing collection of books.
My room is always in the same condition as my head –
everything in place and tidy or terribly messy. There
is a map of England on one of the walls to remind
myself that there are so many places in this country
that I don’t know yet. There are also pictures of my
family, friends, places and postcards with images I
like to look at. Among them there is a special one of
the Emirate Towers in Dubai, it brings back memories
that I don’t want to forget.

Best
Ana Carvalho