[NetBehaviour] good news-european software patents bill was defeated

lo-y lo-y at lo-y.domainepublic.net
Thu Jul 14 09:41:50 CEST 2005

>This not so good news, as the pro patent voted no too as the law was
>not enough for them.

Actually, there were so much amandements that no one really new anymore
what the consequenses of the law would be anymore.  It's good that the bill
was defeated, but quite depressing to see how things work in eu politics.
btw. the bill being defeated means that software patents are not legal, but
are still sometimes being granted by the patent office

>So we should see another attempt in favor of the patent in a few time.

according to what i read on the FFII list, that's not likely to happen soon

lo_y