[NetBehaviour] RESIDENCY: seventeen of 24 artist interfaces: Ley

Jason Nelson heliopod at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 13:18:07 CEST 2005

seventeen of 24 artist interfaces: Ley

poetry and New Jersey by Jennifer Ley

organizing languages by Jason Nelson

Where was this created?

It is the dry season in Australia, and yet today is rained a long
low rain that clouds the windows and drips constantly. So I stayed
indoors and watched various downloaded programs and ate brown
rice with Parmesean for most of the day. Jennifer's poem is a
curious geography, an exploration of place and understanding that
seemed to beg for a branching, sub lining poem. The difficulty
with this interface is the way it changes the meaning, the line
breaks, they way it reorganizes ideas and rebuilds understandings.
This is one of those creations that I intend to keep using.

Residency url:(UPDATED!!!)
http://www.secrettechnology.com/resident/residency.htm

Residency description:

Exploring interface and interactive creatures with content grabbed,
thrust, stolen, and borrowed  from new media artists, poets and
electronic pioneers. Over these 2-3 weeks, I will create twenty-four
digital extravaganzas, with each one being loosely or closely centered
on the content, ideas, images and words of others. Think of this as
ego stroking and translation, a way to connect to those I have never
met and might not ever meet, and play with ideas of interaction and
interface. Some have offered their content, others will simply be
robbed, and all will be enchanted, confused, annoyed and giddily
stroked.

Bio:
"As a NET ARTIST, I am apparently diying or dead. With that in mind, I
bask in my zombie glow, my rotting wires and my urge to bite through
skulls.  I could list those academic and worldly accolades that have
trophied themselves on my work, but I am only as good as the last
swirling mess I spit out. I live in Australia with a beautiful woman
and miss the snow, so miss the snow."

My worlds:
http://www.heliozoa.com
http://www.secrettechnology.com