[NetBehaviour] RESIDENCY: twenty of 24 artist interfaces: Heckman

Jason Nelson heliopod at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 17:49:16 CEST 2005

twenty of 24 artist interfaces: Heckman

Poetics Theory and Sparks by Davin Heckman
Visit one of his worlds: http://www.reconstruction.ws/051/editorial.shtml

Country Boy sale on Chicken's Chickened by Jason Nelson

Where was this created?

Few of you have yet to be introduced to Davin Heckman, but soon
most of you will find out who he is. There is no brighter, more
clever and charming thinker than this feller. Look into
Reconstruction.ws<http://Reconstruction.ws>
and play with his words. I created this work as I have far too many
of these: while in bed, spilling drinks, and leaving ink stains on
the sheets. I am sure the radiation from this laptop is frying
my male organs. But then maybe I can play different hymns. Not that
the previous makes any sense. This work is a glorious mixed up
interface. One that mirrors the many, much better ideas within
Davin's mind/head/space.

Residency url:
http://www.secrettechnology.com/resident/residency.htm

Residency description:

Exploring interface and interactive creatures with content grabbed,
thrust, stolen, and borrowed from new media artists, poets and
electronic pioneers. Over these 2-3 weeks, I will create twenty-four
digital extravaganzas, with each one being loosely or closely centered
on the content, ideas, images and words of others. Think of this as
ego stroking and translation, a way to connect to those I have never
met and might not ever meet, and play with ideas of interaction and
interface. Some have offered their content, others will simply be
robbed, and all will be enchanted, confused, annoyed and giddily
stroked.

Bio:
"As a NET ARTIST, I am apparently diying or dead. With that in mind, I
bask in my zombie glow, my rotting wires and my urge to bite through
skulls. I could list those academic and worldly accolades that have
trophied themselves on my work, but I am only as good as the last
swirling mess I spit out. I live in Australia with a beautiful woman
and miss the snow, so miss the snow."

My worlds:
http://www.heliozoa.com
http://www.secrettechnology.com