[NetBehaviour] according to Mark Tribe

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu May 26 19:18:21 CEST 2005

HI ARN,

    NET ART OFFICIALLY DEAD! <http://post.thing.net/node/233>

Submitted by murphy on Mon, 2005-05-23 17:47. arts
<http://post.thing.net/taxonomy/term/58>

NET ART DEAD!

Mark Tribe has called it in the press release for inSite_05
<http://www.insite05.org/>:

    Although artists continue to work online in ever greater numbers,
    *net art as a movement is now over*. But to say that the net is just
    another medium along with video, painting, installation, etc. would
    be misleading. The net is both a medium and a platform, a set of
    tools for art-making and a distribution channel for reaching people.
    The net can still enable artists to reach a global audience without
    the assistance of art world institutions. Equally important, it can
    enable artists to reach audiences that never set foot in a gallery,
    museum or performance space. M.T. (* title from 'Tijuana for
    Dummies' by Hiperboreal)"

    linked from Net Art Review...

    As a movement - I feel it is just begining another phase...

    marc