[NetBehaviour] Flock browser promotes creation

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Sun Nov 6 13:30:18 CET 2005

Hi patrick and all,

I think that Flock a great thing- but I am also slightly wary of leaving
all my bookmarks mainly online.

Who knows what will happen to the Internet with the war at present, and
people's personal links being seen online for all to see.

I can imagine that people are more likely to place a much less personal
set of bookmarks onto Flock, and probably keep another set of more
detailed, bookmarks on another browser at the same time.

I also have my suspicions, regarding having everything online like a
matrix system. I feel that (selective) information is a priority these
days- due to legislations and pro-war corporations/governments, actively
seeking out people who are exploring the finer details in respect of the
more authentic 'realities' on the subject it self, via collection of
online bookmarks and linked resources.

So, Flock is a very useful tool, but for me, it will only be useful as
an externalized, self-consciously informed tool, representing the
surface of things, but not necessarily reaching into any ghetto or
darknet activities in any great detail. Which is probably a good thing...

marc