AW: [NetBehaviour] visualizing social bookmarks

Stefan Immelmann-Winter sim.winter at soy.de
Sat Feb 4 21:46:56 CET 2006

Thanks Marc for those hq links!

Stefan
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: netbehaviour-bounces at netbehaviour.org
[mailto:netbehaviour-bounces at netbehaviour.org] Im Auftrag von marc
Gesendet: Samstag, 4. Februar 2006 14:18
An: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
Betreff: [NetBehaviour] visualizing social bookmarks

visualizing social bookmarks

I am very intrigued by the social affordances allowed in research
blogging. The exchange of ideas and early/process criticism are one of
the main reasons I blog. This exchange was strengthened, for me, when I
discovered RSS and del.icio.us. With del.icio.us, one can search through
bookmarks, or even subscribe to someone's links page. Now, you can even
graphically search the tags through the combination of Touchgraph and
del.icio.us. While it does make pretty graphs, is this useful? Would you
rather search for tags, or subscribers? When you find a group of
information hunter/gathers you trust, their suggestion of a site
automatically gives it some credence. Personally, I do find it useful,
but I want both. I want to check what my network is subscribing to, as
well as have an interface that visualizes related items to tags I am
interested in.

http://blog.humlab.umu.se/archives/2005_01.html#000834