[NetBehaviour] Shmoocon 2006: Wrap-up

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Sun Feb 5 16:42:27 CET 2006

Shmoocon 2006: Wrap-up

Well, we’ve come to the end of my Shmoocon 2006 coverage. The conference
wasn’t all presentations though, there were a lot of other fun activities:

The Hacker Arcade featured arcade games that had been modified to
generate USB tokens that you could later redeem for prizes. The folks at
757.org modified a skill crane so that it could be controlled from the
web. Of course, toys like this at a hacker convention spawned some
creative solutions. David Rhodes scripted the skill crane’s web
interface so that it would try every possible coordinate pair and ended
up with an armful of prizes. Another attendee discovered that the USB
tokens weren’t case sensitive and generated a couple hundred thousand
prize tokens.

Hack or Halo was different from your standard tournament. You could take
the other team on in either Halo 2 or drag race hacking. From what I
heard it’s pretty easy to get up to speed and be competitive, just know
your way around a sniffer, Metasploit, and an energy sword and you’ll be
good to go.

http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000263073522/