[NetBehaviour] its up to marc and friends now

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Sat Feb 11 14:19:57 CET 2006

Hi Jason and all,

Well, I am not sure whether 'TRACE' is leaving this mortal coil but, one
thing I do know is that Sue Thomas and the various people who work with
her are involved with another project which is an excellent place for
those who wish to explore writing within a digital context and more-
much more...

WDL is a collaborative transdisciplinary blog about the impact of
digital technologies upon writing and lived experience. We talk about
writing and reading in the context of 'new and old' media,
transliteracy, craft, art, process and practice, social networks,
cooperation and collaboration, narrative and memory, human computer
interaction, imagination, nature, mind, body, and spirit.
http://writing.typepad.com/

I have alweays found Trace to be an excellent place to visit, although I
have only got involved in th epast in a limited way. I know that Alan
Sondheim (on this list) was at the Trace Festival a year or two ago.

Chris Joseph, who is also on this list had some dealings with Trace as
well, in fact he has written some decent articles on there.

WDL - for those interested it is worth visiting, get involved.

 >If so...it may very well come down to you Marc, you are your many pals
who drive furtherfield.  You may be the last. OR rather you may be the
new start.

This is of course, is an extremely cute compliment and one that I feel
embaressed to receive (shucks). Although there is a Sufi saying which
says 'if someone pays you a compliment, receive it as a gift and don't
let it go to your head', something like that...

Although, Furtherfield, is a varied group of people who are willing to
share their talents and skills to make things happen...I could offer a
retort that is intellectual but, my mind is in the middle of writing
various text's at the moment.

marc

All.....

I've just heard a sad rumour, hoping it is just a rumour and that I am
a rumour monger, a petty and vicious man without wit or promise.

But the rumour is that Trace, our online writing center, one of the
few places left for discussion of such things is going bye bye so so
soon.

Or maybe I am wrong.....am I wrong? Maybe the rumour is that they are
falling
away, becoming smaller, etc...

Does anyone know any truths here?

If so...it may very well come down to you Marc, you are your many pals
who drive furtherfield.  You may be the last. OR rather you may be the
new start.

Alas...

Jason