[NetBehaviour] a MySpace LuvStory

mark cooley flawedart at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 02:43:50 CEST 2006

OneSmallStep: a MySpace LuvStory

We are not ourselves. We cut and paste as we are cut
and pasted. we are the remix of images and sounds that
never existed outside of this mediated dream. And we
are happy to exist this way.

OneSmallStep is an unfolding automated jam - a
conscious sampling and randomized regurgitation of
MySpace.com media archeology wherein desire, fantasy
and fetish form a composted feast for the withered and
lonely senses in an eternally habitual loop of
voyeuristic consumption, spectacular regurgitation,
virtual intimacy and identity production/consumption.

With each launch, OneSmallStep runs continuously while
randomly remixing content form a database that is
periodically updated. OneSmallStep is a conceptually
interactive work, and also, a non-clickable work.

Important Technical Notes:
Browser preferences must be set to accept pop-up
windows.
Browser must have Flash player (7 or later) installed.

System speaker Volume up.
Hi-speed connection prefered.

OneSmallStep: a Myspace LuvStory  is a project
developed for Concept Trucking, an exhibiton venue
maintained by LeisureArts that uses MySpace as its
platform. It hosts work that critiques, mimics, or
otherwise utilizes the structural logic of social
networking sites and other Web 2.0 phenomena.

Last database update:
June 2, 2006 v.1-172 -  the Eternal Download Mix

Launch OneSmallStep: a MySpace LuvStory
http://flawedart.net/files/nospacelikemyspace/