[NetBehaviour] Team Hack-A-Day forum.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu May 4 14:24:51 CEST 2006

Team Hack-A-Day forum.

"The Team Hack-A-Day forum recently started a thread to discuss homebrew
CNC. Computer Numerical Control machining is a very popular topic in our
community because of the prohibitive cost of buying a machine
off-the-shelf. Searching through the archive it seems we’ve only covered
one actual CNC machine; since people have been building these things for
so long, it’s hard to come up with the definitive CNC project. We’ve
also featured the Etch CNC, designed by the AXIS developers to verify
their software.

My coworker Will O’Brien, who writes how-tos for Engadget, recently
started working on a new CNC mill. You can expect a write-up on that in
the future. Also, Lady Ada recommends Drill Bit City for sourcing cheap
carbide bits."

If there is enough interest, Team Hack-A-Day might add another forum for
CNC projects.

http://www.teamhackaday.com/forum/index.php