[NetBehaviour] "Shrug-detecting" software recognizes your disinterest.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue May 9 14:26:13 CEST 2006

"Shrug-detecting" software recognizes your disinterest.

In another blundering step towards empowering our future robotic
overlords with the ability to recognize when we're being insolent, a
group of computer vision researchers at the University of Illinois have
invented "shrug-detecting" software that allows a webcam-equipped
computer to pick up on the subtle shoulder movements indicative of
confusion or disinterest.

more...
http://linkme2.net/7y