[NetBehaviour] welcometothejungle

carlos katastrofsky carlos.katastrofsky at gmx.net
Wed May 10 21:19:31 CEST 2006

hi,

... a kind of psychoanalysis. i tried to do some practical - aesthetical
research on freud et.al.

quoting http://www.kevinwilson.info/dream/freud_dreams.php :
"Freud believed the dream to be composed of two parts. The manifest and
the latent content. The manifest content can be thought of as what a
person would remember as soon as they wake - what they would consciously
describe to someone else when recalling the dream [that's what the
pictures are to me]. Freud suggested that the manifest content possessed
no meaning whatsoever because it was a disguised representation of the
true thought [in my opinion this is the code] underlying the dream."

so, to me, these pics are the representation of dreams, determined by the
code lying underneath with a certain amount of randomness (in freudian
terms maybe the id) which is - altough - not a true randomness. it's
pseudo- randomness and thereby determined, too.

carlos