[NetBehaviour] Steal this Film - stockholm, summer 2006.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Mon Nov 6 11:49:29 CET 2006

Steal this Film - stockholm, summer 2006.

In 2006, a group of friends decided to make a film about filesharing
that *we* would recognise. There have been a few documentaries by 'old
media' crews who don't understand the net and see peer-to-peer
organisation as a threat to their livelihoods. They have no reason to
represent the filesharing movement positively, and no capacity to
represent it lucidly. We wanted to make a film that would explore this
huge popular movement in a way that excited us, engaged us, and most
importantly, focussed on what we know to be the positive and optimistic
vision many filesharers and artists (they are often one) have for the
future of creativity.

http://stealthisfilm.com/