[NetBehaviour] re: tomb

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Nov 22 16:56:25 CET 2006

Hi Alan,

 >Thanks - for me there's a pastiness in the color, a discomfort that
reminds me of something far too sweet. And I agree with you here.

 >The original image was a window from a shopping center that's part of
a new development here in Brooklyn that people are fighting. It
represents both skin and the blank face of corporate America; the
developer, appropriately named Ratner, is trying to seize adjacent
buildings by public domain. This has generally been disallowed, but with
an increas- ingly corporate climate, chances are he'll succeed.

Yes, in an ever suffocating situation of being engulfed and influenced
by direct or indirect corporate exploitation - things are going to get
worse.

 >But there's also that feeling of paste...

It also has a strange feeling like one is caught up in a game
glitch...like in quake.

marc

Furtherfield - http://www.furtherfield.org
HTTP - http://www.http.uk.net