[NetBehaviour] avatar-meat

Michael Szpakowski szpako at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 09:22:31 CET 2006

That is absolutely stunning!
Was it choreographed or improvised? Are you saying the
source material was originally motion capture? Did you
contribute to the choreography, Alan?
Some of it puts me in mind of the kind of motion
"artifacts" one gets when pausing movie capture or
scrubbing through something..
Also there's a spirit of resistance about it that is
profoundly human & humane - it reminds me of the
struggle to signal, to articulate, of people with
cerebral palsy with whom I've worked, or my late
father's fight with Parkinson's.
The piece seems tremendously dignified to me - almost
heroic; not sure 'avatar-meat' does its complexity
justice.
Must have required *such* technique to perform (well,
doesn't surprise me - I remember the Foofwa running
piece you posted somewhile ago)
This is everything I love about dance (& art in
general)
michael