[NetBehaviour] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: nznl.com digest, Sep 07, 2006 - Sep 13, 2006

Geert Dekkers geert at nznl.com
Thu Sep 14 07:35:36 CEST 2006

As I reaction to my own post and a snippet by Robin Murphy

On 13/09/2006, at 10:23 PM, Geert Dekkers wrote:

> 1554. Sep 09, 2006
> PRELIMINARY STUDY FOR THE SIMPLE STEP, 2010, PLYWOOD, LINOLEUM
> fireworks file
> http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20060909

I wish to correct the title and explain a little

This should be

> 1554. Sep 09, 2006
> PRELIMINARY STUDY FOR THE STANDARD STEP, 2010, PLYWOOD, LINOLEUM
> fireworks file
> http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20060909

The standard step being an "object of interest" that circulated
within the LA art community for a while in the late 60s/70s--
prompting comments and any number of works. I connect the object to
Bruce Nauman, but there are other connections as well.

I couldnt find anything on the net on it however (but at first I
didnt even get the name right and the image above is from memory) --
perhaps someone could send me in the right direction?