[NetBehaviour] Explore Banned Books.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu Sep 14 12:12:30 CEST 2006

Marking the 25th anniversary of Banned Books Week, Google is inviting
users to celebrate their freedom to read by making Banned Books
available to all. From the Google Blog: "...you can use Google Book
Search to explore some of the best novels of the 20th century which have
been challenged or banned." Those books challenged this year include 'To
Kill a Mockingbird' and 'Lolita'."

Celebrate Your Freedom to Read.

Explore Banned Books.

To Kill a Mockingbird. Of Mice and Men. The Great Gatsby. 1984. It's
hard to imagine a world without these extraordinary literary classics,
but every year there are hundreds of attempts to remove great books from
libraries and schools. In fact, according to the American Library
Association, 42 of 100 books recognized by the Radcliffe Publishing
Course as the best novels of the 20th century have been challenged or
banned.

Google Book Search is our effort to expand the universe of books you can
discover, and this year we're joining libraries and bookstores across
the country to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Banned Books Week – a
nationwide initiative to help people learn about and explore banned
books. You can start by browsing these 42 classics – books we couldn't
be more pleased to highlight.

http://books.google.com/googlebooks/banned/