[NetBehaviour] Painting is hard

Ken Turner ken at sqallp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Sep 21 14:56:24 CEST 2006

HI marc and james,

I find it hard not to paint, though it is extremely difficult to be in
a position of having something to say: and this is what I see in marc's
drawings - that they have something to say.
I have yet to find an equivalent in net art to the best in painting,
but perhaps this is because I don't know where to look or I'm just not
attuned to online stuff. Maybe this is because I have a strong belief
in the tactile sensibility of the bodily functions. And this is not to
say that I have not seen  poetic expression on the net

I do work on flash for my website and find it fascinating and use the
computer for video and working things out in painting. And it's very
rewarding to be able to switch off the computer and work in the studio
and then to close the door and come back to the computer as a sort of
necessary balance of a working process: a kind of interweaving of
skills.

ken