[NetBehaviour] Painting is hard

Ken Turner ken at sqallp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 11:45:16 CEST 2006

Hi James,
I think that as an artist one can be intuitive in any medium, that is,
I have been so in the use of the computer in performance, photos, video
and flash. Also accidents that happen arise because of the artist's
original intention and remain so throughout the process. This is
exemplified by Picasso, in saying that he does not search but finds.

Appreciating an art work to me is one of experience and education, That
is why the majority do not and cannot approach an understanding, even
though there are occasions when they are taken by surprise by a force
in art in being receptive unknowingly. But trying to reach a public
deliberately, in any medium, I think is disastrous. The Arts Council of
England's criteria for funding is exactly that, i.e. socially
orientated.

  My site is: www.imaginativeeye.co.uk
However there's not a good representative showing of paintings as it is
primarily a site for performance.
You will find some placed in the site on several pages and on the links
to blogs.

best wishes

ken