[NetBehaviour] Student writes essay, arrested by police.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Sun Apr 29 12:18:02 CEST 2007

Student writes essay, arrested by police.

High school senior Allen Lee sat down with his creative writing class on
Monday and penned an essay that so disturbed his teacher, school
administrators and police that he was charged with disorderly conduct.

"I understand what happened recently at Virginia Tech," said the teen's
father, Albert Lee, referring to last week's massacre of 32 students by
gunman Seung-Hui Cho. "I understand the situation."

But he added: "I don't see how somebody can get charged by writing in
their homework. The teacher asked them to express themselves, and he
followed instructions."

Allen Lee, an 18-year-old straight-A student at Cary-Grove High School,
was arrested Tuesday near his home and charged with disorderly conduct
for an essay police described as violently disturbing but not directed
toward any specific person or location.

http://wapurl.co.uk/?K9N32H4