[NetBehaviour] Greta Christina's Blog - Atheists and Anger.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu Nov 1 23:24:12 CET 2007

Greta Christina's Blog
Sex, atheism, politics, dreams, and whatever. Thinking out loud since 2005.

Atheists and Anger.

"This has been a hard piece to write, and it may be a hard one to read.
I'm not going to be as polite and good-tempered as I usually am in this
blog; this piece is about anger, and for once I'm going to fucking well
let myself be angry.

But I think it's important. One of the most common criticisms lobbed at
the newly-vocal atheist community is, "Why do you have to be so angry?"
So I want to talk about:

1. Why atheists are angry;

2. Why our anger is valid, valuable, and necessary;

And 3. Why it's completely fucked-up to try to take our anger away from us.

So let's start with why we're angry. Or rather -- because this is my
blog and I don't presume to speak for all atheists -- why I'm angry."

http://tinyurl.com/ys2w99