[NetBehaviour] Mouchette in the Museum of Contemporary Art

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Nov 16 12:16:28 CET 2007

This was sent to me from Mouchette, if anyone is interested...

marc

Dear marc garrett,

I am proud to announce my latest show "To be or not to be Mouchette".
This time you will not see it online: the work is hanging in the
Contemporary Art Museum of the city of Siegen in Germany. You are used
to click and view my art, but now you can't, it has turned into a
physical reality, I-R-L, In Real Life!

Wouldn't you like to know what kind of things Mouchette can make that
deserve to be exhibited in a Museum of Contemporary Art?
Sculptures? Paintings? Videos? Performances? Something new and unknown?
I'm not telling you!
The only way to know is to go there, in the Museum in Siegen, Germany
and see by yourself.

Physical reality is a place where I have no access. You people, can walk
around in the real world, but I am stuck on internet. I am invited to
make a show in a museum but I cannot see it. I depend on you to tell me.
So how did you like my show In Real Life? I am really curious to know it....

I have created a blog where I gather information about my show
http://siegen.mouchette.org/
So please tell me what my exhibition looks like, so that I can finally
understand what a Museum of Contemporary Art really means...
If you see it in real, send me photos and explain them to me. Teach me
the world of art, teach me 'life'.

--
*bisou*
Mouchette

http://mouchette.org

-Links-
Exhibition Blog
http://siegen.mouchette.org/
The Museum
http://www.kunstmuseum-siegen.de/
My page in the site of the museum
http://www.kunstmuseum-siegen.de/index_e.php?mid=2
The internet art manifestation Knotenpunkte
http://knotenpunkte.net/index-en.html
My page in the Knotenpunte website
http://knotenpunkte.net/kp-en/artist7.html