[NetBehaviour] "Website Impersonations" Performances - Audience invited to dance html

ursula endlicher info at ursenal.net
Wed Apr 2 22:26:49 CEST 2008

You are invited to dance html with me this Thursday, Friday, and
Saturday during three new "Website Impersonations" Performances at
the Performance Mix Festival at LMCC's Swing Space at Seaport in New
York (210 Front Street corner Beekman).

Schedule:
Website Impersonations: The Ten Most Visited #10 - www.orkut.com
(April 3, 5:30 PM sharp)
Website Impersonations: The Ten Most Visited #7 - www.msn.com (April
4, 5:30 PM sharp)
Website Impersonations: The Ten Most Visited #1 - www.yahoo.com
(April 5, 5:30 PM sharp)

Website Impersonations: The Ten Most Visited (2006-2008) is a live
performance series, which utilizes Web code as choreography. In these
performances I am embodying the "character" of a Website - this time
I have a cast of performers joining me! - and perform its html code,
which is fed in from the Web "on the fly". During each of the
performances the source code of the website is immediately translated
into ongoing movement instructions, representing different html tags.
These instructions derive from the html-movement-library, an online
database of user-submitted movement suggestions, and from other parts
of the html language. The sound accompanying the performance is
another translation of the code - it is interpreted as a musical
score. The audience on location is invited to participate in the html
dance.

More information on Website Impersonations: The Ten Most Visited:
http://www.ursenal.net/wi_ttmv.

The html-movement-library -- always open for submissions!! --
http://turbulence.org/works/html_butoh.

Performance Mix Festival: http://www.el.net/nda/mix.html#series.

LMCC Swing Space: http://www.lmcc.net/art/swingspace/210front/index.html.

Credits:
Title: Website Impersonations: The Ten Most Visited #10, #7, and #1
Concept / Stage / Video Projection / Music / Web Programming: Ursula Endlicher
Choreography: html-movement-library / live HTML code
Performers: Nancy Agabian, Robert Appelton, Ursula Endlicher, Laura Meyers
AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION ENCOURAGED!

These events are FREE!

I hope to see you there!
Ursula