[NetBehaviour] Video works

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Apr 8 02:13:34 CEST 2008

Hi Nikola,

I visited the Baum movie and enjoyed its subtle delivery. The lights
switching off and on alternately on the to buildings for me, seemed
remarkably similar to holes in data cards. Obviously this is my own
interpretation. I also thought that the music worked, giving a sense of
space for the work to breath, offering qualities which relate to time.
The over all static ambience of the piece, plus with the tree on the
right side of the frame remaining still all through the sequence helped
myself, as a viewer to focus on the constant rhythm of the lights
(windows). It was as if the distant movements of these changing lights
were art of a performance. Were the lights themselves super imposed into
the film or were they actual lights, being switched on by residents from
within the buildings?

I will have a look at decay tomorrow sometime...

marc