[NetBehaviour] Is there such thing as a new media art market?

clara alba claralbap at yahoo.es
Fri Apr 18 11:32:24 CEST 2008

Is there such thing as a new media art market?
http://aminimahamaca.blogspot.com/

- - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
a mínima magazine invites you to collaborate in its study about the new media art market.

It
is basically a documentary work in which we'll show the sale's
evolution of new media art, from the origins of net.art until the
current days.

This is a research project for HAMACA collective. The result of this study will be published online in HAMACA websiteand in a mínima magazine.

Your contribuition on our project would be really appreciated, therefore we'd invite you to answer, comment or debate some of the following  topics:

-
Are new media artpieces being sold in galleries, as the same way as the
so called traditional contemporary art?- How is business done in this
context? How is the process to negociate them?

-
In the case of digital pieces or immaterial projects, do you adapt them
to a physical support to market them or do you keep them in the
original format?

- What is the profile of customers interested in these artpieces?

- What conditions / negotiations have you got with the galleries? Are similars to contemporary art?

- Who pay the production of new media artpieces?

- Do you propose any alternative circuit to make business with them?

- Are these artworks well-paid? How much do they usually cost?

- Is possible to live of new media art?

- Do you like to make any comment about any special changes in  new media art market during the last years?

Thanks for your collaboration!,

a mínima

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es