[NetBehaviour] *** SPAM *** Holy Fire remixed

xDxD xdxd.vs.xdxd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 23:38:05 CEST 2008

hello here!

it is a quizz, in a way...

...and a small prank i performed at the holy fire event in brussels.

went there to see if new media really made it to the "Art" world.

seems to me that there are artists.  not new media, not old media.

also seems to me that there has been quite a change in the last 20-ish
years... and that thinking of "Art" as something that can be
collected/preserved/traded is a bit outdated, and not contemporary at all.

but i hope, at least, that the guys make a reasonable living out of it,
and i would actually be happy about it.

i still think, though, that the approach misses some key points on the
evolution/mutation of the global ecosystem (in bateson's definition),
and that in these contemporary perspectives several things as they were
defined in the past just loose in significance and in overall
sustainability. including culture, business models and, not a penny
less, art. value just has to be determined and distributed in other
ways. (and the concepts of "art" and "artwork" have deeply changed in
the last century)

and the prank was, also, about that... if you can tell :)

ciao!
xDxD