[NetBehaviour] Negroponte vs. the Open-Source Fundamentalists.

rob at robmyers.org rob at robmyers.org
Tue Apr 29 11:47:55 CEST 2008

Quoting marc garrett <marc.garrett at furtherfield.org>:

> "But having looked at both sides, I think what it essentially boils down
> to is that geeks really, really don't like Microsoft."

What it essentially boils down to is that Microsoft really, really
don't like Linux and have therefore moved heaven and earth in order to
block OLPC sales and adoption.

Linux was chosen because it reduced costs and allowed more
flexibility. This was the correct *business* decision for OLPC.
Removing Linux and replacing it with Windows in order to capitulate to
Microsoft and stop their sabotage will make the X-O costlier (XP
requires additional hardware and a non-free software licence) and less
flexible.

- Rob.