[NetBehaviour] Rachel Beth v Evil Squirrels at Furtherfield's Gallery/Space HTTP in London.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Apr 29 14:06:39 CEST 2008

Rachel Beth v Evil Squirrels at Furtherfield's Gallery/Space HTTP in London.

Artist Rachel Beth Egenhoefer has been furtherfield's resident artist
staying at the HTTP Gallery (http://www.http.uk.net/). As many know
artists prepare themselves for many things in relation to dealing with
their residencies, but a squirrel attack!

<http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://lh4.google.com/image/gradualdazzle/ReEDBZdx82I/AAAAAAAAA0Q/x89WcFcQNzM/s400/evilsquirrel2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://gradualdazzle.blogspot.com/2007/04/evil-squirrel-strikes-again.html&h=117&w=124&sz=16&tbnid=onf5PtQQdgAJ:&tbnh=117&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Devil%2Bsquirrels&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image&cd=2>

Below is an extract of Rachel's ordeal which is on the Furtherfield blog...

"So... yesterday I went to Brighton for a simple little visit. Had a
lovely time visiting with old friends. I had said all day long that I
wanted to go back to London no later than 7pm as I had work to do and an
event to prepare for. Well, soon it was 9 and I can't remember how many
glasses of wine later it was... finally got in a taxi to catch the train
back to London. By 10:30 I finally ended up home back at Furtherfield.
As I walk up to my door I notice that the curtain in my bedroom was
knocked down. Strange I thought. I went upstairs to get ready for bed
and there was the reason the curtain was knocked down... a squirrel! a
squirrel in my bed! So we've been hearing squirrels on the roof for a
while now and see them in the trees, but here he was inside, in my bed!
We both froze, me and the squirrel, I shut the door and went back
downstairs. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't sleep in my bed with
squirrels! So I called Ruth, no answer. I suddenly worried they'd be
asleep. So then I called Marc's phone at 11pm and said "there's a
squirrel in my bed!" He started laughing and then called me a cab for me
to go over to Ruth and Marcs for the night. I ended up at their place
just before midnight where Marc and Ruth were watching Alien, drinking
Guinness and laughing about the squirrel in my room. I spent the night
and in the morning Ruth and I went back over to Furtherfield. As we
walked up to the door we could see the squirrel sitting in my window!"

more...
http://blog.furtherfield.org/?q=node/216