[NetBehaviour] Two 12 Day Residency Opportunities at Access Space

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Apr 29 16:19:16 CEST 2008

Hello Jake,

Ruth Catlow and myself, are interested in finding out more regarding the
12 Day Residency program at Access Space, which was publicised on the
Netbehaviour mailing list last week.

We have a few ideas on what we can both propose for the residency but
need to know a little bit more of the context and what more is required
before we apply.

Thank you for your time.

marc

http://www.furtherfield.org

 > Jake
 > Access Space
 > Two 12 Day Residency Opportunities
 > at Access Space in Sheffield
 >
 > Artists, composers, hackers, designers, engineers and creative
 > technologists are invited to apply for two short residencies of 12
 > days each at Access Space for Summer 2008.
 >
 > Based in the heart of Sheffield, Access Space is the UK's longest
 > running open access media lab. We use Open Source Software and
 > recycled computers to develop creativity, community, skills and
 > resourcefulness. We're a place for skill sharing, artistic endeavour,
 > creative expression and collective knowledge. We also have exhibition
 > space in our main room and small foyer.
 >
 > The ideal residents will have some experience using technology in
 > creative projects however we are always open to interesting ideas
 > wherever they come from.
 >
 > Residents will be selected from an open call, based on:
 > * The quality and feasibility of the work proposed.
 > * The availability of the necessary tools
 > * The resources (skills  & time) needed to support the project.
 > * The compatibility of the project with Open Source software and
recycled PC's
 > * The ongoing legacy of the project for Access Space.
 >
 > The selected applicants will be given an honorarium of £1,500 each (to
 > include all fees and travel). International applicants are welcome to
 > apply, although we cannot provide additional resources. Access Space
 > will provide a small budget for accommodation and production. In
 > addition, Access Space also has a modest budget to provide a technical
 > expert to work alongside the resident if necessary.
 >
 > Each residency can take place between 14 June and 20 September 2008
 > (12 days minimum requirement). Please note Access Space is closed
 > between 9 August and 1 September.
 >
 > Residents will be encouraged to share their skills and knowledge with
 > the Access Space community, by conducting formal and/or informal
 > workshops in the space.
 >
 > Code and media developed during the project will be released under
 > suitable open licenses such as the GPL and Creative Commons licenses.
 >
 > Closing date for applications is Saturday 10 May 2008.
 >
 > Application details:
 >
 > Please email a project proposal, a CV,  suitable documentation of
 > previous work and the proposed dates for your residency to:
 >
 > Jake Harries
 > jake at access-space.org
 > Access Space, Unit 1, 3-7 Sidney Street, Sheffield, S1 4RG, UK
 > Tel: (0114)2495522
 > Ref: Artists Residencies 2008
 >
 > http://www.access-space.org
 >
 > Access Space is working towards achieving diversity and welcomes
 > applications from all sections of the community.
 >
 > The Access Space Arts Programme is supported by Arts Council England,
Yorkshire.