[NetBehaviour] Indecent

aabrahams aabrahams at bram.org
Tue Feb 5 19:33:42 CET 2008

Thanks Ruth,

This is an interesting, but also beautiful work with a lot of layers.

Visually the eyes and the breasts become equivalent.  They represent the
same male preoccupation with the other unknown gender but in a different
context.

Annie

ps I am not sure to follow the "breast not bombs" movement when they say
they want to "speak out for a world that remembers what is sacred and honors
the mother"

On Feb 4, 2008 1:23 PM, Ruth Catlow <ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org> wrote:

> INDECENT
>

> Indecent is net art sketch, inspired by, and in support of women, who
> take part in, or actively witness, protests and action against
> aggressive fundamentalism.
> This sketch pairs censored animated images from the 'Breasts Not
> Bombs' campaign with the eyes of witnesses, as if from behind the
> Burqa. The page contains links to two online communities for women's
> solidarity.
>
> http://www.furtherfield.org/rcatlow/indecent/

" One the puppet of the other "
" L'un la poupée de l'autre "