[NetBehaviour] Pall Thayer's Personal Netart 2.0: A Manifesto of Variable Manifestation...

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Feb 27 16:05:57 CET 2008

Hi Sim,

As mentioned, this is his Thayer's own manifesto & it is probably
reflecting his own practice, but I would prefer more explanations and
context added to the definitions.

Perhaps I should ask him to discuss it more?

 >this is just as helpful as http://easylife.org/netart/

Well, the above link is more for a small group of people, those who
became 'net.art('ists), consciously separating themselves from other Net
Artists at the time - thus becoming the 'heroic period' gurus of the
Internet from mid-90's.

As many are aware by now that I do not really respect such a position of
control over Net Art history, although some of these people still have
produced excellent pieces, it's just the elitist way that they went
about getting themselves seen which I question, not necessarily the work.

marc