[NetBehaviour] MAKE ART 2008/OpenOS/CALL FOR PROJECTS

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Jun 25 13:06:04 CEST 2008

MAKE ART 2008
OpenOS

CALL FOR PROJECTS

make art is an international festival dedicated to the integration of
Free/Libre/Open Source Software (FLOSS) in digital art.

The third edition of make art – OpenOS - will take place in
Poitiers (FR), from the 24th to the 30th of November 2008.

make art offers performances, presentations, workshops and an
exhibition, focused on the encounter between digital art and free
software.

We're currently seeking new, innovative FLOSS based works and
projects: music and audiovisual performances, presentations, software
demos, and installations.

This year make art focuses on the OpenOS: artistic, free, creative
use of the Operating System, hackability and modularity of FLOSS and
GNU/Linux, scripts as digital glue between applications, enhanced
possibilities for the technical expression of ideas, user empowerment
and artistic freedom.

Please read the submission guidelines below, download the submission
form, fill it in and return it to: makeart2008 =at= goto10 =dot= org
before the 25th of July 2008.

http://makeart.goto10.org
http://goto10.org

Timeline
20th of June – Call for proposals
25th of July – Deadline call for proposals
Beginning of September – Selected projects announced
24th - 30th of November – Make Art 2008

Submission guidelines
1. Download the submission form here. The submission form is in
OpenOffice .odt format. Please leave the document in this
format when returning.

2. Only projects that are made using 100% FLOSS, running on a free
Operating System, will be accepted. So NO Windows, OSX, MaxMSP,
Reaktor or Ableton Live!

3. When submitting an installation, a performance or a presentation,
please send us the following documentation:
- performance: 2 high quality photos and 1 high quality audio or
video file
- installation: 2 high quality photos and 1 high quality video file
- presentation or demo: 2 high quality photos (in case of software
demo screenshots)

If the files are >3 MB please send us a link instead of an attachment.
We prefer to receive documentation in open formats.

4. When submitting an installation or performance, please include a
technical rider describing the technical setup, the hardware you'll
be bringing yourself and the hardware you need the festival to
provide. Be precise and specific!

5. Incomplete submission forms will not be processed.

Types of projects
We are looking for installations, performances, and presentations
that fit the focus of the festival. The festival theme OpenOS is not
meant to be restrictive, and can be linked to both the content as the
technical realisation of a work.

For examples of previous editions, please visit the archives of:
make art 2007 and make art 2006

Funding
make art is a small festival, we can provide selected projects with
housing, travel and a modest fee. We cannot provide artists with
funding for the development of projects. Larger projects should look
into finding additional funding to attend the festival.