[NetBehaviour] Driven- a dilemma of coexistence - by Marc Garrett and Ruth Catlow

Ruth Catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Mon Mar 10 11:25:21 CET 2008

 >>What's not to like about a piece of work that contains the word
"PURVIEW" ?

Heh heh!

Thanks Michael for enthusiasm: ))
also for the feedback about potential blocks to entry- very
helpful...we'll have a think about that.

funny... cos I was enjoying the turning-back-time element of your
last 'Home cinema' piece here http://rhizome.org/discuss/view/32870
and thinking about how to respond...something like

"NEWS ALERT: Firefox plugins impede fluid experience of networked
Fluxus film."

My browser is so chokka with plugins now that it takes 10 seconds
minimum to load each page.

I think there is deeper point to ponder about how the 'unwary/
impatient' get access to lots of pieces networked art- both
technically and thematically when everyone uses different machines,
softwares, network connection speeds etc
I like the idea of providing many shallow ramps to an artwork- or
perhaps many access points.

...and yes the pictures are local-ish- all taken on the road between
Greenwich and Manor House

: )
Ruth