[NetBehaviour] Driven- a dilemma of coexistence - by Marc Garrett and Ruth Catlow

Michael Szpakowski szpako at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 00:53:52 CET 2008

<The future happens behind you (where you can't see
it) History is in
 front of you >

If I was feeling intellectual I'd start quoting
Benjamin's Theses on the Philosophy of History:

"This is how one pictures the angel of history. His
face is turned toward the past. Where we perceive a
chain of events, he sees one single catastrophe which
keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his
feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead,
and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is
blowing in from Paradise; it has got caught in his
wings with such a violence that the angel can no
longer close them. The storm irresistibly propels him
into the future to which his back is turned, while the
pile of debris before him grows skyward. This storm is
what we call progress."

whoops, I did..Not entirely sure what it means but as
philosophy it's great poetry..

To bed.
m.