[NetBehaviour] Fwd: Call for New Media submissions (from the Arts Council's Arts Jobs noticeboard)

Edward Picot edwardpicot at beeb.net
Fri Mar 21 16:34:56 CET 2008

Job: New Media Submissions, Novas Arts
  a.. nort-west Paid Full time
  Artform: combined arts, interdisciplinary arts, visual arts
  Contact Keith Watson keith.watson at novas.org

Call for New Media submissions
Submissions are being invited by Novas Arts for innovative New Media exhibitions, collaborative projects, talks, presentations, workshops and residencies within the Novas Scarman aims & objectives (see below). The possible venues are:
Bankside:
Modern gallery available at Contemporary Urban Centre, Southwark Bridge Road, not far from the Tate Modern. Three floors approximately 140sqm each. Other facilities on-site include, café, with alcohol and music license, free wi-fi, conference/training rooms and 20 seat cinema.
Camden:
Gallery/café space, artist studios, sound workshop, sculpture studio.
Soho:
Later in the year we are opening another CUC in Dean Street, Soho with gallery, fifty seat cinema, event spaces, training/conference rooms, roof garden.
Liverpool:
New CUC, 190,000 sqft former cotton mill, including theatre, cinema, performance space, 12,000 sqft gallery, training rooms, offices, and events spaces.

Please contact
keith.watson at novas.org

Background
The Contemporary Urban Centre is a new idea for the 21st Century. An Arts, Cultural and Social enterprise, the Contemporary Urban Centres reflect the themes of contemporary life in the urban environment, particularly from the point of view of marginalised and excluded communities.
Novas is at the cutting edge of tackling social disadvantage through creating inclusive employment in social enterprises, providing flexible community based support services to vulnerable people and offering quality art and cultural programmes, which involve the wider community in understanding complex social issues.
The Novas Scarman Group is major social justice charity at the cutting edge of tackling social disadvantage through social enterprise, innovation and positive impact. Novas Scarman works at a local level to empower people and communities by creating opportunities for positive change through personalised support and development, pathways into work and learning, inclusive local decision making and change programmes, and releasing enterprise and cultural expression.
We bring communities together by enabling a voice for those often not heard or marginalised, to be at the heart of our communities, and we aim to become one of the world's most influential and effective catalysts for social justice, inclusion and diversity.  www.novasscarman.org