[NetBehaviour] Rhizome Commissions Program - deadline extended

silva.luis silva.luis at netcabo.pt
Wed Mar 26 15:31:06 CET 2008

Rhizome has extended the deadline for applications to our Commissions Program!

***The deadline is now midnight, April 13, 2008.***

We extended the deadline in response to artist inquiries. This year, we expanded the scope of our Commissions Program <http://www.rhizome.org/commissions/>  to be inclusive of projects created both on and offline in order to reflect the range of artistic practices engaged with emerging technology. In this same spirit, we revised our submission process in order to make it more friendly to a wide range of users. Formerly, everyone had to create their own web page to host their proposal. As of today, it's possible for applicants to publish their proposal, through an online form, onto a web page hosted by Rhizome. All proposals are reviewed online -- but are viewable only to the jury and members not the general public.

Apply today: http://www.rhizome.org/commissions <http://www.rhizome.org/commissions>

In 2009, Rhizome will award seven commissions with fees ranging from $3000-$5000.

This year, Rhizome has expanded our scope, formerly focused strictly on Internet-based art to encompass the broad range of practices that fall under new media art.

This includes projects that creatively engage new and networked technologies to works that reflect on the impact of these tools and media in a variety of forms. With this expanded format, commissioned works can take the final form of online works, performance, video, installation or sound art. Projects can be made for the context of the gallery, the public, the web or networked devices.

This year, all applicants will be reviewed by a selected jury and 2 awards will be granted through Rhizome's membership in a community vote. Only the jury and members can view proposals.

Proposal submission takes place online. ***The deadline is now midnight, April 13, 2008.***

Apply today: http://www.rhizome.org/commissions <http://www.rhizome.org/commissions>  <http://rhizome.org/commissions/>

--
Luis Silva
Curatorial Fellow