[NetBehaviour] Rhizome Commissions Program - deadline extended

Luis Silva silva.luis at netcabo.pt
Thu Mar 27 01:30:49 CET 2008

Rhizome has extended the deadline for applications to our Commissions
Program!

***The deadline is now midnight, April 13, 2008.***

We extended the deadline in response to artist inquiries. This year,
we expanded the scope of our Commissions Program to be inclusive of
projects created both on and offline in order to reflect the range of
artistic practices engaged with emerging technology. In this same
spirit, we revised our submission process in order to make it more
friendly to a wide range of users. Formerly, everyone had to create
their own web page to host their proposal. As of today, it's possible
for applicants to publish their proposal, through an online form,
onto a web page hosted by Rhizome. All proposals are reviewed online
-- but are viewable only to the jury and members not the general public.

Apply today: http://www.rhizome.org/commissions

In 2009, Rhizome will award seven commissions with fees ranging from
$3000-$5000.

This year, Rhizome has expanded our scope, formerly focused strictly
on Internet-based art to encompass the broad range of practices that
fall under new media art.

This includes projects that creatively engage new and networked
technologies to works that reflect on the impact of these tools and
media in a variety of forms. With this expanded format, commissioned
works can take the final form of online works, performance, video,
installation or sound art. Projects can be made for the context of
the gallery, the public, the web or networked devices.

This year, all applicants will be reviewed by a selected jury and 2
awards will be granted through Rhizome's membership in a community
vote. Only the jury and members can view proposals.

Proposal submission takes place online. ***The deadline is now
midnight, April 13, 2008.***
Apply today: http://www.rhizome.org/commissions

--
Luis Silva