[NetBehaviour] dizzler?

xDxD xdxd.vs.xdxd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 13:11:50 CET 2008

hello there!

james of jwm-art net ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Is anybody familar with dizzler.com? I've noticed it mentioned in my
> website's logs several times and thought I'd find out what it's about.
>
> Firstly a google search 'site:http://dizzler.com jwm' returns nothing,
> but on visiting the site, dizzler's inbuilt search returns six of my
> audio tracks.

it's fantastic that they won't let you harvest things from their
service, yet they live on harvesting stuff from the net.

I wonder if they oblige to "robots.txt" and stuff like that

even if the USA are their primary market, i was thinking about how the
thing works globally.

for example in Italy the laws on which dizzler's system is based are
totally different, and they state practically the opposite assumptions
on which their system is based.

yet again companies like google are constantly doing things that are
completely out of scope from these laws, and no-one sues them over here.
but the use of courts here in italy is so cumbersome, bureaucratic that
we're more used to private confrontation or debate. so much that "court"
is always the last possibility.

i often see websites that confront this issue (different laws in
different countries) by placing IP-based barriers, not letting IPs hat
are thought to be in a specific country access the service.

overall, it looks like a commercial service that uses the ideas coming
from opensource and knowledge sharing just to define its position and to
try and have the least possible amount of troubles with people and with
the law. yet their position doesn't look too "defendable", if anyone
cared to go in the details.

byebye
xDxD