[NetBehaviour] GIF Cinema presents: A Visit to the Viaduct

Ruth Catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Mon Oct 13 14:20:26 CEST 2008

hi Michael,
on my usual email time-delay.

but just wanted to say how much I enjoyed all of this.

There is something liberating about the stripping back and separating
out of the net-movie into its constituent parts: moving images and
sounds, gifs and mp3s -and then cycling them using dhtml. I enjoy the
way the sound is no longer locked into a precise, callibrated
relationship with the moving images, the way we understand that the
network is playing its part through completely uncontrollable lag. In
a way, it makes it 'live'.

Marc and I were playing with this in Driven http://diwologue.net/
driven/ but your Visit to the Viaduct has an 'out of time' quality
that makes it more explicit

thanks michael!

:)
Ruth