[NetBehaviour] NEW THURSDAY CLUB EVENT @ GOLDSMITHS with HAROLD COHEN on 16 OCTOBER, 5-7PM

Maria Chatzichristodoulou [aka maria x] drp01mc at gold.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 14:18:24 CEST 2008

****NEW THURSDAY CLUB EVENT @ GOLDSMITHS with *HAROLD COHEN* on *16 OCTOBER, 5-7PM***

BEN PIMLOTT LECTURE THEATRE, GOLDSMITHS

*

AARON, THE WORLD'S FIRST PURE A.I. ARTIST

*

This is a special event co-hosted by the Goldsmiths Digital Studios and the Dept. of Design

The AARON software has been continually developed since 1973, hand
crafted by Harold Cohen to generate his paintings. Aaron is thought to
be the world's first pure A.I. (artificial intelligence) artist. He was
created by Harold Cohen who represented Britain at the Venice Biannual
in the late Sixties. Shortly after that he decided to relocate to San
Diego to create the world's first Artificial Intelligence artist. He
named it Aaron after his son. Aaron started out making very childlike
pictures but has been learning. Aaron at 30 years of age is now making
very good art. This raises some very intriguing questions about art and
our relationship with computers.

Aaron was recently exhibited at the Bernard Jacobson Gallery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AARON

To find Goldsmiths check http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/find-us/

FUTURE EVENTS:

*Tim Hopkins: Les Noces Project*