[NetBehaviour] FLOSS+Art: Book preview, panel discussion and software party

Heather Corcoran heather.corcoran at fact.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 02:23:24 CEST 2008

Hi Helen,

Keep checking the GOTO10 site, it will be posted on there when they are
printed and ready to be sent out. I know Aymeric and Marloes have put a
lot of work into it, along with all the contributors, so will appreciate
your interest. I can't wait to see it myself!

Best,
Heather

helen varley jamieson wrote:
> congratulations on the book : )  where can we see & buy it online?
> h : )
>
> marc garrett wrote:
>
>> FLOSS+Art: Book preview, panel discussion and software party
>>
>> Thursday 23 October
>> 18:30 - 20:30
>>
>> @ Mute Magazine HQ
>> The Whitechapel Centre
>> 85 Myrdle Street
>> London E1 1HL
>>
>> With Adnan Hadzi, Anthony Iles, Aymeric Mansoux, Dave Griffiths, James
>> Wallabank, Matthew Fuller, Olga Goriunova, pure:dyne developers, Taylor
>> Nuttall, and more friends...
>>

>> GOTO10 and pure:dyne host an evening dedicated to Free Software and art...
>>
>> * BOOK PREVIEW: Be the first to check out FLOSS+Art, a new openmute
>> publication reflecting on the growing relationship between Free Software
>> ideology, open content and digital art. Edited by Aymeric Mansoux and
>> Marloes de Valk.
>>
>> * PANEL DISCUSSION: Anthony Iles moderates a panel discussion on
>> communities of collaboration, online and off, with book contributors
>> Matthew Fuller, Olga Goriunova, Aymeric Mansoux; and artist/activist
>> Stefan Szczelkun.
>>
>> * SOFTWARE PARTY: Check out the new Debian-based pure:dyne system - the
>> GNU/Linux distribution for media arts. Meet the developers and hear
>> about pure:dyne projects by our  friends at Folly (Taylor Nuttall),
>> Access Space (James Wallabank), HTTP/Furtherfield (Marc Garret & Ruth
>> Catlow), Dave Griffiths and Adnan Hadzi.
>>
>> * PLUS: pure:dyne promo goodies, Free Beer and more!
>>
>> More info at:     http://www.goto10.org     http://puredyne.goto10.org
>> Live interview 16 - 23 October on Netbehaviour:
>> http://www.netbehaviour.org/
>>
>> ABOUT THE BOOK:
>>
>> FLOSS+Art critically reflects on the growing relationship between Free
>> Software ideology, open content and digital art. It provides a view onto
>> the social, political and economic myths and realities linked to this
>> phenomenon.
>>
>> With contributions from: Fabianne Balvedi, Florian Cramer, Sher Doruff,
>> Nancy Mauro Flude, Olga Goriunova, Dave Griffiths, Ross Harley, Martin
>> Howse, Shahee Ilyas, Ricardo Lafuente, Ivan Monroy Lopez, Thor
>> Magnusson, Alex McLean, Rob Myers, Alejandra Maria Perez Nuñez, Eleonora
>> Oreggia, oRx-qX, Julien Ottavi, Michael van Schaik, Femke Snelting,
>> Pedro Soler, Hans Christoph Steiner, Prodromos Tsiavos,  Simon Yuill
>>
>> Compiled and edited by Aymeric Mansoux and Marloes de Valk.
>>

>> ABOUT THE SOFTWARE:
>>
>> pure:dyne is an essential tool created to provide the first complete,
>> Free/Libre/open source (FLOSS) custom and ready-made GNU/Linux computer
>> environment for media artists. The pure:dyne CD can be inserted and run
>> on a computer without the need to install anything, with an aim to make
>> it simple to use on many types of hardware. It contains FLOSS programs
>> for recording and manipulating sound, making live visuals and creating
> [...]

Heather Corcoran
Curator
FACT
88 Wood Street
Liverpool, L1 4DQ

t: + 44 (0)151 707 4425
f: + 44 (0)151 707 4445

http://www.fact.co.uk
Bookings: +44 (0)8707 583217
Information: +44 (0)151 707 4450

FACT is proud to be in LIVERPOOL, EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2008