[NetBehaviour] pure:dyne discussion

bob catchpole bobcatchpole at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 14:22:53 CEST 2008

Art forms have their technical aspects. Artists are forever learning, playing, working and experimenting with the technology at their disposal. Tools for the job. Means and ends. Artists are largely focused on the latter; the ability to use the tools is presumed.

However when it comes to digital/new media/net art, discussion of the technical aspects still seems to predominate. Do you think that's in the nature of the technology? Or will there come a time when 'new media' artists won't have to talk like Formula 1 engineers?

Bob