[NetBehaviour] The Pirate Bay to roll out secure EUR5 per month VPN service.

Yvonne Martinsson yvonne at freewheelin.nu
Wed Apr 1 20:34:49 CEST 2009

Hi,
I'm neo-new to this list. Been here before, but left and am now back.

As I'm Swedish and have been able to follow the Pirate Bay trial, I'd like
to fill in here.

In fact, I'm very disappointed. Not about the trial, but about Pirate Bay.
As it turns out, the guy who has supported Pirate Bay financially, is a
millionaire and a (former) member of the organization Keep Sweden Swedish, a
neo-Nazi organization here. The others have had no income for years, have
high tax debts and are in general of the opinion that you don't have to
contribute to society. Hard to believe that they've had no income with lots
of advertising and loads of visitors. They're, in my view, nothing but
neo-liberal profit-seeking egos. Nothing else. No activism as far as I can
see. It makes me wonder about file-sharing and activism. Does it go without
saying that a site like Pirate Bay is 'good'? In any case, nothing is black
and white.

http://freewheelin.nu

Yvonne