[NetBehaviour] Video Games, in Search of a Warp Zone.

Bobig choubard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:13:46 CEST 2009

i remember this artwork (pacifism in video games) - march 2000.

http://www.nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-l-0004/msg00089.html

 link in french : http://bobig.free.fr/index.php/action-in-video-games/

i've got some comments like this :

How misguided.

"Civil disobedience and pacifist action only works in the context of making
the violent and repressive forces ashamed of their own actions.  By
sitting and meditating in UT fragspaces, all you do is provide easy
targets and ways to increase their ngStats.

Even if it was for more of an artistic reason than a social one, it's
still hollow.  Who's going to know it's art?  Who's going to care?

Now, if you managed to get together a group of say 100 or so people
playing UT who all signed on to public servers at the same time, with
coordinated skins and actions, you could do something that people would
notice.  They might not even blow you away.

They might even play along.

I think that THAT'S a good idea.  People interested in doing this- for art
and NOT to Stop The Violence- "

http://transition.turbulence.org/blog/2009/03/24/video-games-in-search-of-a-warp-zone/