[NetBehaviour] The Pirate Bay to roll out secure EUR5 per month VPN service.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu Apr 2 19:46:57 CEST 2009

Hi Yvonne,

A warm welcome to the list :-)

Yes, I have had my own suspicions regarding pirate bay. It's good to get
some background info and thoughts around this as well, especially from
your self, knowing the local context.

Very interesting

wishing you well.

marc

I'm neo-new to this list. Been here before, but left and am now back.

As I'm Swedish and have been able to follow the Pirate Bay trial, I'd
like to fill in here.

In fact, I'm very disappointed. Not about the trial, but about Pirate
Bay. As it turns out, the guy who has supported Pirate Bay financially,
is a millionaire and a (former) member of the organization Keep Sweden
Swedish, a neo-Nazi organization here. The others have had no income for
years, have high tax debts and are in general of the opinion that you
don't have to contribute to society. Hard to believe that they've had no
income with lots of advertising and loads of visitors. They're, in my
view, nothing but neo-liberal profit-seeking egos. Nothing else. No
activism as far as I can see. It makes me wonder about file-sharing and
activism. Does it go without saying that a site like Pirate Bay is
'good'? In any case, nothing is black and white.

http://freewheelin.nu

Yvonne