[NetBehaviour] Ada Lovelace and multi-maryfestos

Majena Mafe majenamafe at iprimus.com.au
Sun Apr 5 08:31:57 CEST 2009

After the Ada extravaganza, I've been thinking about all these wonderful
women and wondering where are their manifesto's. I've decided they should
have be called multiple-maryfesto's rather than manifestos. The list of
recommendations for the Ada Lovelace list of women distinguished in
technologies has revealed a very very long and rich as bunch of little known
women and their creative works. What were these women thinking I wonder,
what was their frame of inspiration, how broad was their maryfesto? and how
close or far from achieving it was their work as we now know it. Is what we
take to be their work ....'THE' work. Women's achievements in the arts, is a
marginalized & subversive force. (how exciting) ... but am wondering what
others think about re-visiting the manifesto and testing applying some of
the best to their own 'means' of mischief.

So.a maryfesto is a ...is a list inspiring paradigms that shape creative
work, be it sonic art, creative knitting, experimental ecriture writing or
avant-garde painting practices...this is the place where every maryfesto's
written by a self identifying 'mary' is welcome.

Where are the lost maryfesto's, by all the brilliant mary minds of the past?
What is the maryfesto frame women and mary's are working with now?

I've started a new forum collecting and working with all sorts of creative
MULTI_MARYFESTOS http://multi-maryfest.bogspot.com
<http://multi-maryfest.bogspot.com/>

Please participate if this interests you too.

Majena Mafe
Let me listen to me and not to them... Gertrude Stein