[NetBehaviour] Next Few Days

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Apr 7 04:21:31 CEST 2009

Hi - trying to write w/ bandage and discomfort, and thank you everyone.
Aileen, I worry about these things. I've also been infuriated with a
culture in general that, at least in pop imagery, relegates "seniors" to
"seniors" - every ad carries this ideology and warning. And there's no
recourse that I know of.

Luckily for me I play music and can do that, it helps to practice even
without looking at a fingerboard. For some reason my pitch discrimination
has gotten much better since I've been playing Turkish instruments, to the
point I can play a fretless dotar (small Indian folk sarod) fairly well.

For those who are interested - you can get Feynman's lectures on video and
audio, and these are amazing (I have cassettes and cds), and all sorts of
physics (and other subjects) lectures for Ipod; I've been watching and
listening to a course by Leonard Susskind, who is one of the originators
of the quantum universe, on quantum entanglement and it's wonderful.

Sorry to be wandering, I'll return to my overly effusive productive self
sometime soon...

love Alan and again thanks for your emails